Monday, February 20, 2012

Graduate, Now What?

What's up people? It's been such a long time since i last did a proper update. Anyway, i can't believe that i'll be graduating soon. When i mean soon, it means very very soon. I'm not ready to step into the working life. When you're still schooling, your parents gives you allowance, they pay your phone bills but when you've graduated, you need to get a job, earn your own income &you have to pay your own bills.Thinking about the future is just so stressful & exhausting.Don't you think so?

So, today marks the official last day of school for my entire polytechnic life. I can't believe the 3 years had gone by so quickly.  So what now? What happens after i graduate? What do i do with my life? What will i be choosing as my career? What will be my career path? Gosh, i hate making decisions. There's so many things that needs to be considered when choosing my career path.

I love working in the theatre industry. I'm elated & grateful that i've received a job offer from the dance company that I was attached to during internship but as usual, parents being parents, they do not allow & highly disapprove of me working in the arts / theatre industry because according to them, working in the arts / theatre industry does not guarantee a bright future for me. Therefore they've been pushing & bugging me to follow my sister's footsteps & go into teaching (childcare). Well, despite the disapproval, i've already made up my mind. I shall work in the arts /  theatre industry for a year & then when the 1 year period has passed, i'll look for different career options.