Tuesday, January 29, 2013


New Year resolutions for 2013:
1) Gain self-confidence & self-esteem. Have more confidence in myself, love & accept myself for who I am.
2) Spend more time with my loved ones; family, friends & best friends
3) Lose weight, lead a healthy lifestyle
4) Do well for my Diploma & graduate
5) Start saving up
6) Travel to Bangkok
7) Travel with friends
8) Reduce cursing & swearing
9) If there's fate, meet the right guy & have a relationship

 
A friend once asked me a question which made me ponder,"How to gain self-confidence & self-esteem if you don't want to change your mindset?" The question is 101% logical and sensible. How to change when you yourself don't want to make a change? The question here is, who is the problem? Is it the people or it's the society which causes people to have low self-esteem? I feel that society this days is very judgmental. Don't you think so? Especially to plus size people. 

People tend to stare and humiliate plus size people. I've seen with my own eyes & heard with my own eyes, people who stare, humiliate and laugh at plus size people in front of their very eyes. Don't you people know that it is very rude & hurtful? Some people don't ask to be born that way. They don't have a choice because it might be genetics. You might even say, "If FAT, go EXERCISE & LOSE WEIGHT ah!" Wanna know a secret? It's the society that makes plus size people stop exercising because when they exercise, the society will again give the 'HAHAHA, YOU'RE SO FAT & UGLY STILL WANT TO EXERCISE" stare  and again humiliate them.Go to the gym? The gym is so full of fit people and again, the society will give the 'HAHAHA, YOU'RE SO FAT & UGLY STILL WANT TO EXERCISE" stare. 

The question is HOW NOW? How to increase self-esteem when the society is always so judgmental?  *think & ponder*