Sunday, February 17, 2013

Emotional Awareness

Have you ever wonder if there's something wrong with you? I mean, have you ever suspected that you have a problem? Lately, i've been suspecting myself of having a problem so i went on to research and read up and so, i am much confident now that i really do have a problem in me.

I have a problem with Emotional Awareness, Opening Up to Love. I'm sure most of us have least difficulties in opening up to people but as for me, it is tough for me to open up my heart, mind and soul  to people even to my own family.

 You see, the thing is, yes i do show my care, concern and love to my friends. I do say, " I love you" to my friends. I do show my love to my friends but i don't do it to my family. But wait, that doesn't mean i don't love my family. I do. I really do love them so much. They are my world. They are my everything but it's just that i can't seem to show my affection and love towards them. I feel awkward. The word is just AWKWARD and i just can't bring myself to show affection in a visible manner. By visible manner, i meant by showing them the affection and care through verbal communication and touch. I just don't feel comfortable showering people with affection.

Sometimes i really do want to get affectionate with my family. At times i feel like hugging my parents, holding their hands, etc but then my mind will tell me to avoid it.

"Are you afraid to fall in love? Or does the thought of being loved by someone scare you?"  YES

Gosh, that phrase above really explains it all. I am afraid to fall in love and the thought of being loved by someone scares me.

"Tender feelings make us open and vulnerable. In order not to get hurt, we prefer to close up and not to feel"

It's true. In order not to get hurt, i prefer to close up and not to feel by avoiding. I have this fear in me. Fear of getting hurt. Fear of rejection. Fear that i am not good enough. Fear. The word is FEAR.