Monday, April 29, 2013

Gone

I'm back. Yes i am finally back with a new blog post after so long. The last time i updated was 2 months ago. Damn it's been so long! I've been pretty busy and preoccupied for the past few months. Busy with school, assignments and work. Recently, i've been very busy with packing for moving. Yeap, you saw that right. My family and i are shifting. I shall describe more about that in the later part of this post.

So what's up? I'm good just a little stress with school assignments but it's finally over for a short while and i'm free from individual assignment for at least 2 weeks. Phew! Past few weeks was INSANE! 2 individual assignments + 1 group assignment submissions were back to back plus we had an exam to revise for which we were only given a week to revise. Thank god that phase is over. Honestly speaking, i am excited to graduate so i will be free from annoying ASSignments but on the other hand, i don't want to graduate so soon because i don't think i am ready for commitment yet although i am pretty excited to have my own class of children. Yeah i am excited but feeling a little nervous and scared too because being a class teacher = having to work with parents. Not just children but with their parents and parents can be a pain in the ass too ya'know. That's what i am worried most. My sister said that it is perfectly fine and normal to feel that way because she felt the same way too probably about 3 years ago when she graduated from the same Diploma course as i am doing now. I just have to be optimistic, think positively and everything will be smooth. :) Insyallah, most probably, i'll be graduating from my course this October; mid October. So yeah, that's about school.

Let's move on to work. So in January, my Playgroup children were promoted to Nursery and my Principal pushed me up together with the children. I feel so blessed and thankful that my Principal gave me another year to work with the children because i am already so attached to these children that i just want to see them grow. I've seen some of them since they were in toddler and just look at how big they've grown now. THEY ARE GROWING UP SO FAST!  :') Do you know how lovely and wonderful it is to be working with children? The children are naturally pure and innocent. They don't judge you and they'll love you no matter what and how you look like. Do you know that children are very forgiving? They may get angry at you or their friends but they forgive and forget easily. They do not bear grudges. I guess that's ONE thing that ADULTS SHOULD LEARN. As a teacher, you don't only teach and educate them but you also learn valuable skills from the children. Valuable skills such as, being forgiving, have tolerance and patience, etc.

Recently, our company had a Company Staff Retreat at Universal Studios. A retreat that we Teachers need for working hard all this while. The society might think that preschool teachers' job is easy. Why don't you take a week off from your current job and have a week attachment in any of the preschool centres to have a feel of what we teachers do daily. I am not complaining about my job but i just feel that we deserve to be respected and recognized. That's all that we are asking for. Do you know that preschool teachers hold multiple roles? We are teachers, we teach and educate the children. We are their 2nd parents. We care for the children, we shower them with love and we teach them manners, etiquette and valuable life skills such as self-help skills. We are nurses because we administer medicine according to the time sheet. Some people even discriminate us teachers and label us as 'high class maids' because we change children's diapers, we clean them when they vomit and when they pass urine / motion. Please be mindful of what you say. I bet your lives would be hell without preschool centres and us teachers. So think before you speak. Thank you very much.


 Before the start of the fun filled day in Universal Studios, we had to sit in the convention centre for some activities and stuffs. 
CAMWHORE BEFORE ENTERING UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. Presenting to you, the lovely staff of Yung An Centre. <3>


Before the indoor roller coaster ride at The Mummy. I was so nervous and scared that i was this close to turning back and back out from the ride BUT I DID WENT ON THE RIDE. I SURVIVED IT ALTHOUGH I CRIED THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE RIDE. :D


After the indoor roller coaster ride and look at my face. I WAS STILL IN A STATE OF SHOCK, MY KNEES WERE STILL WEAK and my principal insisted in taking a picture with this fierce guy on stilts. HAHAHA.

Moving on to the topic of moving. As mentioned above, my family and i will be shifting. Yeap we are shifting house and we will be shifting in exactly 4 days. We will be shifting to a totally different neighbourhood; Choa Chu Kang. "Won't you miss your current neighbourhood?", the question asked by most of my friends. WHAT DO YOU THINK?! Of course i will miss my current neighbourhood. I've been spending my whole life in Bukit Batok. I grew up in Bukit Batok. There's too much memories here. My childhood memories especially. The neighbourhood where i spent most of my weekends with my childhood friends, playing at the void deck. Block catching, cycling and other activities. Feeling so sentimental as i am typing right now. I'm sure most of you are pondering why we are moving. Well it's coz we need more space. Both my sister and i are growing older, we are in the same career line, preschool teacher. Preschool teachers have their own collection of teaching aids and resources therefore we no longer can share a tiny room. I swear, if we could build an additional room in our current 3 room flat, WE DEFINITELY WOULD! On the other hand, i am very excited to move in to our Choa Chu Kang's house because I WILL GET A ROOM FOR MYSELF!

What i will miss:
- Bus stop: I will definitely miss my current house's bus stop because this bus stop is PERFECT because there are so many buses that are available for you to travel to almost any parts of Singapore as compared to the 1 pathetic bus available at the bus stop at our new house bus stop in Choa Chu Kang which is a feeder bus that'll take you to Choa Chu Kang's bus interchange. :(

- Walking back home: I'll definitely miss the short walk back home from West Mall to our current house as compared to the quite a distance walk back home from Lot One to our new house. :(

- Grandparents: My grandparents are currently staying with my aunt at Bukit Batok and it's just 2 stops away from my current Bukit Batok house. Shifting to Choa Chu Kang means away from them. I don't feel comfortable being away from them. :(

- Sharing room with my sister: I will DEFINITELY miss sleeping in the same room as my sister although i've been complaining about how much i hate sleeping in the same room as her. There are days where the both of us have some sort of insomnia and we cannot sleep so we just chat till late night which somehow bonded us and enhances our relationship.  :(

- Neighbours aka childhood friends: Yes i will miss my neighbours aka my childhood friends and their family. We've known each other for a lifetime okay. Sighs.  :(

Okay, i should stop with the list of what i will miss because it's making me feel depressed. It's been such a really long post. So sorry about that. I have lots more to talk about but i shall end this post here or you'll fall asleep by the end of my post if i were to continue with this post. hahahaha. KBYE. Thanks for reading though. Have a great day ahead guys!  :)